Search
Filters
24 January 2019 05:33:16

Hello

4 months ago
#4 Quote
Hi I'm very happy to see VAPP is getting off the ground.

I do wonder however, what British values actually are now and setting a manifesto on them will be very tricky.

I note we won't be cow-tailing to PC, really?  I can't see how that can be without committing a criminal offence, be that for racism, homophobia or whatever other form of words people find to offend other members of the community.  Such Acts weaponised our language and put an end to freedom of speech.  That cannot be reversed without changes in equality laws.

Where does this party stand on foreign aid?  I think we all agree we should as a Nation help others in need.  But throwing money that we don't have at Countries whose interests are inimical to the United Kingdom is mind blowingly stupid.

Where does the party stand on EU membership?  Should we be a part of the EU army or not?  For me no I think the EU have shown their true colours in BREXIT negotiations and grounding flights to this Country is actually an act of war.

Immigration. like it or not its the Political battlefield.  I have in my time both with the forces and outside had the pleasure of living in and visiting many Countries and have met some great people in those travels.  Equally, I have seen in many Countries  including Germany, Sweden, France and Belgium the effects of having some less desirable citizens in their midst and they are powerless to remove them just as we are.  Ideally we should welcome decent folks from anywhere, but should be at will to remove those who cannot live here peacefully and legally.

Health.  Quite frankly the NHS, despite some wonderful staff, is no longer fit for purpose, its too big and totally out of control,  What plans does the party have to restore it?  Or scrap it.

Defence - Should be our strong point

Home Office - I know many Coppers at beat and Senior Officer level who tell me the streets are lost in many Cities.  The PC brigade have handcuffed them and the scum know it.  Prison sentences are too low and conditions too comfortable.  The only thing to fear from jail is the other inmates.  Discipline has been lost.  How does the party plan to address it?  Where do people sit with the reintroduction of the death penalty?

Education - A complete and utter disgrace where everyone is qualified which has totally undervalued academic qualifications.  Teachers preach a left wing agenda and those who buck that trend are out of work very quickly.

Foreign Affairs - How will we ever make good the damage that we caused our allies in the Commonwealth?  My Mother told me in 1972 what we have done to our friends is nothing short of disgraceful, she was in my opinion right.  The comments I read in relation to our US cousins is also a disgrace, we need to recognise our friends.

Trade Unions - How many ordinary folk have lost money and holidays etc through TU action.  Yet they have no redress at all against the Union, that needs to end to stop the TU's treating ordinary people as cannon fodder in pursuance of their goals

I'm sure there are a million more questions, but these few are the burning ones that I have

2 months ago
#7 Quote
Kevin,

Here’s a brief extract from a book which has been recently completed and which  focuses on the entire British political dilemma. This extract doesn’t answer in detail all of your questions  but the book itself certainly does. We're currently trying to tie in with the VAPP to see if we can establish some common ground on policy formulation.

Here’s the brief extract which might be of interest:-

"Well, we think any examination of what’s wrong with Britain needs to focus on a number of clearly identified areas where the problems of the nation are now at their most critical and need to be singled out for special and urgent attention. But before we do this let’s first outline the themes underpinning the book which encapsulate its essential spirit - in fact the pegs upon which we’ll hang our arguments during the course of the next twelve chapters. They’re all based around the following three general propositions:-

•  The combined processes of post-imperial uncertainty, deindustrialisation and globalisation have led to an order of failure and decline in Britain - economic, political, social and moral - which must now be properly addressed if the nation is to avoid the inexorable descent into one of the frightening futures described
•  The crises now confronting the nation right across the above spectra have been instigated by a transnational ‘neoliberal’ political class, along with its destructive ideology, which has been at best neglectful and at worst conspiratorial but nevertheless wantonly responsible for leading Britain into the impasse she now faces
•  Only a rebalancing of priorities and a revitalised concept of ‘the state’ forging new relationships between government and governed, together with a far-reaching, interlinked programme of reform will be able to address (and redress) these deep-seated structural problems and hold together a unique political union which has emerged from a centuries-old historical process

These underlying themes are explored by conducting a thorough examination of what we refer to as  ‘declinism’ with proximate analysis explaining what now requires to be done to arrest and reverse its destructive effects. With this as foundation, and by holding up ancient Roman civilisation as the mirror for British politics, we’ll reflect upon foreign policy (including Europe), crime and the criminal justice system, culture and multiculturalism, politicians, political parties, public policy and home affairs. Furthermore, we’ll take a look at political ideologies, constitutional reform, macroeconomic management and perhaps even more important than any of these, the social and moral dilemmas now squarely facing Britain as a nation. But first let’s provide a summary of exactly what we will propose. In short this is:-

•  A new, reconstituted and politically-reformed ‘virtuous’ state for the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland underpinned by federal arrangements
•  Fundamental economic reconstruction based upon a ‘new economic model’ brought about by rebuilding the manufacturing and agricultural base of the British economy
•  The adoption of a pioneering foreign policy based upon the recovery of full British constitutional sovereignty through either, withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union or (much preferably) the reconstitution of the European Union as a much looser organisation of independent sovereign trading nations forging new global economic, political and cultural partnerships
•  A thorough-going reform programme of key British political, economic and civil institutions
•  A new and transformed social and moral agenda (not only for Britain but also designed as a model for other Western nations)

No mean task then!

However, a note of caution wouldn’t go amiss here since solutions must be tinged with an element of realism. Such is the scale and scope of the damage perpetrated in Britain it’s doubtful whether full and proper remedy can be realised w
2 months ago
#8 Quote
/contd

realised within at least the span of a generation or two, particularly the social and moral damage now so painfully evident within British society. Plainly, then, there are no ‘jam tomorrow’ solutions to the British dilemma. What we’re really advocating is for a productive start to be made based upon a sustainable and interlinked programme of reform, the full fruition of which may only become apparent in the longer term. Realistically one would hope to see tangible results within a ten-year period as the effects of the new perspectives and rebalanced priorities kick-in, but it all amounts to a massive programme of change and the challenges it presents are formidable. We don’t try to hide this but we’re of the unalterable view that failure in this endeavour will slowly but inevitably result in the nation’s slide into the disorder of a new ‘Dark Age’ or something very like it, and this, we hope the reader would concur, is something to be averted at all costs.

It’s sad but the history of political rule by Britain’s governing class over this last half century or so amounts to a pretty sorry tale which isn’t improved much in the telling. Yet throughout this entire work there are only three broad allegations made against this class, but in political terms they’re particularly serious ones. The first is the worst of political and administrative neglect and incompetence – particularly economic neglect and incompetence; the second is an unforgivable political hypocrisy, and the third is unleashing without let or consent a false and ruinous ideology which has brought the nation to the very brink of oblivion. Yet perhaps the strangest thing of all is that this new ideology is held aloft as some sort of shining beacon for other nations to emulate while the grim realities - along with the consequences that flow from them - suggest a very different order of things, as we’ll demonstrate. Because the truth is that neoliberalism as an ideology is better understood in terms of its amoral self-regulating markets (in fact the US-based model grafted onto Britain), its narrow dictatorial political agenda, its highly individualistic ‘anything goes’ moral philosophy, its ruinously anarchic social policy and its unprecedented hostility towards anything suggestive of  traditional values and institutions. In fact, it’s the far-reaching, disintegrative effects on community and national culture which this ruinous ideology and its ‘new politics’ has brought with it that will preoccupy us throughout large chunks of the narrative. So the call here is for a complete change in the way we do politics in Britain, to also include those personnel we’ve put in charge of making crucial political decisions on our behalf. Therefore, what we seek is nothing less than an economic, political, social and moral renaissance in Britain – and there’s the rallying cry! Let’s once again apply the spirit of ‘The Forty-Five’ to all those peculiarly twenty-first century political problems troubling this nation of ours and hope that for Britain’s sake it’s not too late.’

The core of the book was compiled long before Cameron decided to hold the EU referendum and put forward the idea that the serving political class in Britain wouldn't have the remotest idea of what to do in the event of British withdrawal. Subsequent events seem to have proved the book right!

Keith